Step into Spring and you could win a digital camera
Its finally spring, the perfect time for you to start incorporating more walking into your daily routine. Thousands of people across London will be doing the same.
If you need extra motivation to get started, you can take part in our four week pedometer challenge. Keep track of the number of steps you walk, how much calories you burn and how much carbon you save, then send your results to us and you could win a digital camera*!
You could even step it up a gear by competing against your colleagues, other companies in your Borough and ultimately the whole of London!
The competition began on Walk to Work Day and is running until 30 May 2008. Download log charts, posters and other materials from our resources page.
Tell us your story
Has walking to work changed your life? Are you fitter, happier, less stressed or even richer? Have you found new and interesting places on your walk to work? Wed love to hear your stories. Email email@example.com.
*Terms and conditions apply, please see below.
Terms and conditions
- The competition is being run and promoted by the charity Living Streets (Registered Charity No. 1108448), as part of the Walking Works campaign.
- The competition is open to UK residents aged 17 and over, except employees of Living Streets, their families and anyone connected to this competition.
- An eligible entrant must be an individual and must submit a completed four week log sheet including their name, address and e-mail address to Walking Works, Living Streets, 31-33 Bondway, London SW8 1SJ or email the four week totals to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are not able to physically walk, but would like to participate in the challenge, you should keep track of the distance you travel each day (excluding when you are on public transport or in a car) and send as stated above.
- By entering, all eligible entrants agree to abide by each and all these General Rules. Living Streets reserves the right, with or without cause, to exclude entrants and withhold prizes for violating any of these General Rules. Living Streets reserves the right to amend these General Rules. Any amendments will be published on the Website.
- The winner will be the first complete entry drawn at random from all entries received on or before 30 May 2008. The winner will receive a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W55 Digital Camera - Silver (7.2MP, 3x Optical Zoom) 2.5'' LCD or other digital camera of equal value should it not be available.
- Entries unfortunately cannot be returned.
- The judge's decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Living Streets will not be liable for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit or prohibit an eligible entrant's ability to participate in the Competition.
- The winners will be notified by e-mail within seven days from the draw date. All reasonable endeavours will be made to contact the winners during this time. If the winner cannot be contacted, or has not responded within 28 days, the promoter reserves the right to re-draw a winner from the correct entries which were received before the closing date as specified at entry.
- By entering, any subsequent prize winners agree to allow the free use of their names, photographs and general locations for publicity and news purposes during this and future promotions by Living Streets. Winners' names may be published on the Walking Works website.
- The personal data received by Living Streets in the course of the promotion may be used in future to contact you about other walking campaigns or promotions unless you otherwise specified on the form or email. Your personal information will not be given to any third party without your prior permission.
- Incomplete or illegible entries or those not made in accordance with the rules of entry are invalid.
- All questions about the competition should be addressed to the competition organisers: email@example.com.